Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Mystery Plant (formerly known as tarragon)

Plant that grew from a 'tarragon' seed

I was excited about making tilapia with a tarragon-basil pesto last night. Hadn't used any tarragon yet, because it isn't a plant I "know."

Which is probably how I let what I now know was a weed grow in my garden for the past couple of months.

Can anyone can tell me what this thing is? I assume it isn't poisonous, since my daughter and I both munched on it briefly before deciding it had neither taste nor scent to differentiate it from generic "plant."

The nice thing about growing in gravel is the ability to easily yank out offending plants.

By the way, if you're in the Northern Hemisphere and haven't bought seeds yet, plants and seeds are popping up all over in local stores. Strawberry plants and blueberry bushes are currently available - yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment