Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 27, 2010

That was Easy



[Previously, much angst was expressed about my inability to remove the fish tank without completely disassembling the entire system.]

I was staring at the system before Thanksgiving, noticing that the size of the tank didn't look as big as in my schematics of the system. A bit of measuring and, voila, the tank is just a tad smaller than I thought.

That makes all the difference.


On paper it looked like I should be able to slide the tank out from under the legs of the 2'x4' shelf - just barely. Would it work in real life?

Last night I drained most of the water from the fish tank into the tub (scrubbed out with salt and rinsed, trying to get rid of any nasty stuff my fish tank won't like). With a few inches of water in the bottom of the tank (and two worried fish), I was able to maneuver the tank out from under the growbed.

And back again. Now that I know I can move the fish tank any time I really want to, I'm content to leave it the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment