Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Things Egyptian



Today I happened across the heiroglyph for tilapia, which inspired me to generate a cartouche for aquaponics.

I have a cartouche that I wear always - my sister got it for me in Turkey back in the early 1990s. Alas, my sister was confined to the hospital, and the woman who did the actual order misunderstood the name on the paper. This is one of those cartouches where they print the Latin letters on the back. When it flips around, you can see the letters "MEC." So I always try to keep it flipped so you see the heiroglyphs.

The nice thing is that MEC is spelled out with symbols for an owl, a reed, and a pool. Not sure how to tie in the owl, but at least the reed is plant and pool stands for water culture, so my cartouche is like a mini representation of aquaculture...

No comments:

Post a Comment